System Engineer, IT Infrastructure
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, system software, and related procedures adhere to the organization’s policies, standards and procedures.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning. These activities include research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: CISCO networking devices, VMware ESXi systems, EMC Storage systems, Windows Servers 2003/2008, MS SQL server 2005/2008, RHEL / CentOS 5+ systems, Solaris 10+ system.
*** SA Engineering and Provisioning:
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems.
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration, backup and restoration, system recovery procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system. administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
*** Operations and Support:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide system support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software as per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Bachelor degree, with a technical major, such as telecommunications, engineering or computer science.
- CCNA or equivalent required. CCNP preferred.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Cisco, Unix and Microsoft preferred.
- Just graduated or 1-2 year working experience.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
- Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- No regular travel required.
Please contact us for more information, or send your CV in English (with photo) to email@example.com with the Position on the subject line.
Working at base
Base is a growing company through innovation and technology applications to help customers improve efficiency and provide the best experiences to their customers. We commit to a creative work environment where all employees are part of the company and its growth. This is also a challenging and exciting environment, where people are inspired to excellence